We welcome and support projects/startup from a wide range of categories: Art, Comics, Crafts, Design, Fashion, Film & Video, Food, Games, Journalism, Photography, Publishing, Technology, Consumer Product etc. Here are the rules every project/startup must follow on Seedbie.
1. Making something to share with others.
Seedbie can be used to create all sorts of things: artworks, gadgets, events, spaces, ideas, experiences. They can be virtual or physical. But every project must have a plan for creating and sharing things with the people. Projects must be explained honestly and presented clearly.
2. Clear and Honest Presentation.
Trust is key to the success of Seedbie community. Projects can’t mislead people or misrepresent the truth. Creators should be realistic about what they plan to accomplish. When a project involves manufacturing something complex, for example a device, we recommend project page to show a prototype of the planned product. Projects can’t raise funds for any charity purpose.
3. Charity purpose is not allowed.
We always welcome non-profit organizations, but you can’t raise funds solely for using the money for charity. You must use the fund to make something real which must be shown on the project page.
4. Projects can’t involve prohibited items.
We do not allow any of these things:
- Any item claiming to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent an illness or condition.
- Contests, coupons, gambling, and raffles.
- Energy food and Energy drinks.
- Offering unregulated financial and business services.
- Offensive material (hate speech, encouraging violence against others).
- Offering a genetically modified organism as a reward.
- Offering live animals. Projects cannot include any kind of live animals as a reward.
- Offering alcohol as a reward.
- Political fundraising is not allowed.
- Pornographic materials are strictly prohibited. Any attempt to do such things will be handled harshly and might result in legal action according to the ICT act.
- Projects that promote discrimination, bigotry, or intolerance towards marginalized people are not allowed.
- Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to fully copy the idea in any way.
- All rewards must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators no reselling things from elsewhere. You can offer something that is produced by others but not for a fee.
- Drugs, nicotine, tobacco, vaporizers and related products.
- Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.
These rules don’t cover every possible use of Seedbie, but they explain our purpose and perspective.